How to help the patient to take medications?
1. Now oral method of introduction of medicinal products (inside, through a mouth) the most frequent and simple for preparations of firm (pills, capsules, etc.) and liquid (tinctures, etc.) of forms.
In most cases, no assistance is required, but strict control is needed when taking medicines for small children, elderly people and people with mental disorders. Carefully study the instruction-annotation to the preparation:
A. Reception time
b. With what to take and than to drink (after eating, at the time of meal, it is possible to drink or it is impossible);
There are different ways of taking oral medications: (in a mouth or under a tongue), peranalno (through an anus and a rectum), on a skin, in eyes, in a nose, in an ear, through respiratory ways, in a vagina or injections-injections (subcutaneous, intradermal, intramuscular and Intravenous-jet and drip).
When you are caring for patients lay out and break those in a special tabletnice daily and weekly dosage of lek drugs to control the patients.
2. Pill Intake:
2.1. Put the pill on the root of the tongue, give a drink water.
If the tablet is large and sick it is difficult to swallow, break the tablet, trample to powder and give so.
2.2. If on tablets there is a middle dividing furrow-it can be divided.
2.3. When caring for mentally ill, control the ingestion.
3. In the shell: Bean, capsules, etc.
3.1. Put the pill on the root of the tongue, give a drink water.
3.2. When swallowing difficulties, replace with powders or rastvorjaemymi drugs.
4. Reception of powders:
4.1. Carefully pour the root of the tongue and let the water drink.
5. Solutions, tinctures, etc.:
5.1. If prescribed in the recipe to give in milliliters, take a special measure (in the pharmacy) and let's clique the allotted dosage.
6. Reception of alcohol tinctures, etc.:
6.1. Displace in water, preferably in a cool
6.2. If necessary, use an eyedropper, for example, if a drop is assigned.
7. How to take a language (sublingual):
7.1. There are preparations which are accepted only under the language (e.g. nitroglycerin).
The speed of the drug is much higher than when swallowed, it must be explained to the patient.
8. Correct application of medications to the skin:
8.1. Ointments and emulsions, various solutions and "chatty" can be applied to the skin in the form of compresses, powders, bandages, rubbing.
It is necessary to apply clean hands on clean skin.
9. Application of iodine preparations:
9.1. With a disposable cotton swab.
10. Correct application of ointments (Namazyvanie):
10.1. Usually with many ointmentss go sticks or spatulas, if not, buy a glass spatula in the pharmacy and squeeze the ointment on it.
10.2. Ointment is always applied with a thin layer on the skin.
10.3. Do not cover the greased area of the skin, let it dry and ointment absorbed.
11. How to bury drops in the eye:
1. Warm the vial with drops in the hands so that the temperature is 36-37 ° C
2. The patient either sits face to light with a raised head or lies on the back, but without a pillow.
3. Need to pull down the lower eyelid, sick to say look up
4. Drip dropper on Konjuktivu (tear bag in the corner of the eye, closer to the nose)
5. Ask the patient to try not to blink and keep his eyes closed so that Lek-e-R does not emerge.
12. How to "drip" ears:
12.1. It is necessary to warm up a solution for backfilling up to 36-37 degrees on a water bath, check that not hot and not cold-drip to itself on a hand.
12.2. Seat the patient and turn the head on the healthy side (if the patient is not lying).
12.3. The left hand pulls the earlobe ear slightly to the side and up, and the right hand bury with the help of pipette the necessary number of drops.
12.4. Insert the cotton Tamponchik into the ear.
To help the patient in taking medications can our nurse or caregiver, for this call us, we will be glad to work for you!