In simple words, a stroke is a disease that occurs due to blockage of vessels (ischemic stroke) or the formation of destruction of vessels feeding the brain with the formation of hematoma (hemorrhagic stroke).
Most often, in the area of risk of stroke, occurs in people-hypertensive, as well as in a number of other serious diseases such as diabetes mellitus, IHD, vascular disease, as well as smoking, alcoholism, etc.
Provoking the onset of a stroke can overwork mental and physical, emotional overstrain, some infectious diseases.
You need to know the symptoms of stroke to properly provide first aid, because the stroke can develop and not immediately, and during several days. The patient and himself can not always note when there were any symptoms. The nurse must closely follow the speech and movements of the potential patient. For example, a person can not normally put on a foot slippers, and goes shuffle on one leg. If you ask questions, how a person feels like things and so forth, and the answer inarticulate, a person can not vygovorpit even ordinary and simple words, then call an ambulance, there is at least a microstroke and the patient needs the help of a neurologist. Do not delay the call of a doctor or an ambulance in such cases for a long time, it is important to quickly help such patients.
Important! The most important and leading signs of a stroke, ask a person to do 4 things:
Smile, talk, raise your hand, shove your tongue.
If at least one requirement is not met, call an ambulance:
1. Won't be able to smile
2. will not be able to speak and talk simple words
3. will not be able to raise the left or right hand
4. Can't stick out the tongue
Symptoms of stroke can be different, TK there are several types of strokes, we list the most iconic:
2. Possible loss of consciousness
3. The patient loses orientation in time and determined
4. Headaches, in PM sharp, like hitting the nape.
5. Feeling of heat, sweating, dry mouth
6. Sharp loss of strength and feeling of heaviness in the hand and leg on one side or paralysis (immobilization)
7. Acute speech violation and pronunciation of ordinary words
8. Sharp decrease of sight of one eye, can be vision, strabismus, etc. Oculomotor violations.
9. Facial redness
10. Respiratory disturbance (Klokochushhee, hoarse and loud), strong heartbeat
11. Violation of Swallowing Act
12. Similar to epileptic seizure attacks
What if a sick stroke?
1. It is necessary to lay down the patient, not to let it fall. And put the head upwards, to yank a head it is not necessary, put carefully a pillow under a head and shoulders. Call an ambulance and explain your suspicions of stroke. Then unfasten the clothes, so as not to pressure and not to interfere with breathing. Also ensure the ventilation of the room, open the windows.
2. At loss of consciousness it is necessary to provide normal permeability of respiratory ways, especially at vomiting:
It is necessary to turn the patient on a side that to prevent impopast in respiratory ways, then to release a mouth cavity from vomit masses. Dentures should be removed. If a person swallows badly (one of the symptoms), then you need to limit the drinking and oral (through the mouth) intake of drugs.
3. Before the arrival of the ambulance remeasure pressure to the patient, if above 190 at 110 mm RT St Then give lek. PR-T which is in the patient (hypertensive usually have medicine with him), but provided that you know what drug and its effect.